Friday, April 3, 2009

Profile of John L. Mendoza

The first assignment I worked on was a profile on John L. Mendoza, a UNC alumnus whose art was featured in the Mariani Gallery on campus. I believe this was an important story to tell because it is great to see a former student showcased decades after graduating from the University.

This assignment was challenging because I did not get to meet Mendoza or see his art in person prior to the article. I did get to talk to him and found him to be very gracious and accommodating. I am thankful for the time he took to talk to me.

I really would have liked to attend the opening of the gallery so that I could have met Mendoza, but unfortunately my work schedule did not allow it.

If you want to see his work, please visit his website at http://www.mendozaart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment