Friday, April 3, 2009

Day in the Life of Dennis Morimoto

Writing about Dennis Morimoto, director of the School of Art and Design, was a little difficult for me because I have known him for a couple of years and think of him as a friend. Therefore, I had to try to approach this assignment objectively rather than just conveying my own opinions.

Although I have known him for a while, our conversations have usually been similar. We had talked about class, photography, the Colorado Eagles and other assorted topics. This assignment gave me the opportunity to take a step back and just learn about the man.

In high school, I had a photography teacher named James Bloomfield or “Bloom” as we called him. My time with Bloom inspired me to follow the course my life is currently on. I see some of the same qualities in Dennis and I know that over the last 40 years he has inspired countless students the same way and it is too bad that future students will not have the same opportunity to receive his guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment